(M.A in Applied Psychology)
I remember my very first experience with therapy as a client, I felt scared, confused about what to say and had no idea of how it was going to gobut I am glad, I went through it as my experience as a client has motivated me to be where I am today and it also helps me to understand and connect with my clients.
As a therapist, I believe every individual comes with their own strengths which makes them unique. My approach in therapy is to help my clients not only recognize but also appreciate these strengths. For me, therapy is like a journey where I get to explore the client’s world with them. My aim is to make this process of exploration easier by creating a safe space where a client can open up without any inhibitions. Through the process of exploration, I encourage clients to come up with their own insights and solutions.
I use different approaches such as Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT), Solution Focused Therapy, etc. as a part of my therapy practice. I consistently aim to adapt my approach to the needsof my clients.
- M.A in Applied Psychology (Specialization in Counseling Psychology) from Tata Institute of Social Sciences, BALM
- B.A in Psychology from Pendharkar College, Mumbai
- Certified RECBT Practitioner (Basic + Advanced), In-Vivo Training Institute, Mumbai.
- Crisis Helpline Counselor- Vandrevala Foundation (2021)
- Consultant Psychologist, EAP India ( May, 2022- Ongoing)
- Private Counseling Practice (2021-2022)
- Trainee psychologist, Muktangan Center for Rehabilitation (2019)
- Trainee Counselor, The Banyan (2017-2018)